M‐DCPS Policy For Participation In Athletics/Interscholastic Competition Or Performances
All interscholastic athletics and activities are meant to contribute to the overall academic excellence achieved by a student participant. The following rules and consequences are seen as the basic conditions that must be met by a student who wishes to represent his or her school through athletic/interscholastic competition or performance.
1. A student must maintain a cumulative 2.00 GPA or higher as specified by s. 1003.43(1) Florida
2. A student must receive a minimum 2.00 in conduct each semester.
3. If a student is assigned to SCSI, he or she will be unable to participate in
athletic/interscholastic competition or performance on the day(s) on which he or she is
assigned. If the assignment to SCSI takes place on/or includes a Friday, the student will be
unable to participate in athletic/interscholastic competition or performance on Saturday.
4. Students who are serving an external suspension cannot practice or participate in
athletics/interscholastic competition or performance and may be subject to further sanctions
5. Students who have a total to eleven (11) days suspension will not be allowed to participate in
athletics/interscholastic competition or performance for the remainder of the school year.
6. A student who has ten (10) or more absences and/or twenty (20) or more tardies will not be
allowed to participate in athletics/interscholastic competition or performance for the
remainder of the school year.
7. A student must report to school prior to the end of the 1st block (2/3 of the school day) in
order to participate in athletic and extracurricular activities.
8. Student participants who are identified as being FSA level 1 or 2 will be required to attend
two hour of academic tutoring per week. Failure to attend required tutoring will result in a
seven (7) calendar day suspension from athletic/ interscholastic competition or performance.
9. Any student who is arrested for conduct occurring on or off school grounds will be prohibited
from participating in all extracurricular interscholastic athletics and activities for a minimum of
ten (10) days.